Saturday, September 5, 2009

Jen arrives and the medical exam

So, Jen arrived in GZ late Friday night.  On Saturday morning, she was still a wee bit jet lagged (... I am really understating the obvious here.  I'm pretty sure that she didn't sleep at all last night).  Nonetheless, she and Shawna became fast friends. 
 
At breakfast, Zhou (our liaison) tried desperately to feed Shawna some Chinese congee.  But, she would have nothing to do with it!!  I laughed ..because EVERY morning in Chongqing, I tried to feed her congee.  Every morning , I would offer it to her at least a dozen times.  And, every morning, Dan would chuckle at my efforts.  This morning, Dan wasn't at breakfast.  :-(  So, I got to chuckle at Zhou's efforts.  The girl just doesn't want congee!!
After breakfast, we had to get visa photos for the babies.  Then- we were off to their medical exams.  Unfortunately, it started to POUR down rain while we were in route.  We all got absolutely soaked, even with umbrellas.  Once we arrived at the medical building, the door man took our umbrella and put it into a special umbrella holder, complete with a lock.  Get out!  Really? An umbrella lock?  I'm not joking.  We had a key for our umbrella. 
 
 ANYWAY- the medical exam was pretty uneventful.  We had three stations:  ENT, Medicine, and vitals.  We went to medical first.  The physician quickly examined Shawna.. and by exam, I mean that he listened to her heart.  That was it.  Thorough eh?  Then, he led us into another room for another doctor to listen to her heart.  He yelled something in Chinese to Zhou... Zhou yelled something in Chinese back to him.  Then, they went round-and-round, in Chinese.  Jen just stood there nodding her head.  I felt like I was watching a ping pong match.  Back and forth.  Back and forth.  I started asking questions... Zhou assured me that everthing was fine.   Apparently, one doctor was calling the other doctor 'stupid'.  Ok. Whatever.  The same thing happened to one of our other families so I felt a little better.  The vitals and ENT station were completely uneventful.  The checked her eyes and ears, height, weight, and temp.  This little peanut only weighs 18 lbs with clothes on!
 
Lori M. Baylor

No comments:

Post a Comment