Our naming strategy was pretty simple. We'd come up with a list of names that we like/agree upon, discuss it in depth during our 16 HOUR flight, and make a game day decision when we meet her. Sounds reasonable, right? Well, apparently, that isn't going to work. Here's our recent conversation:
Kim (agency rep): So, I need the American name for your daughter with exact spelling.
Me: Uhhhh... I don't have that yet.
Kim: Really? You're kidding me right?
Me: No- I'm not kidding. We talk about it all the time. We just haven't decided. We aren't quick to make these decisions. Sara was nearly 6 hours old before she had a name.
Kim: Wow. Ok- .... when do you think that you'll have it...
Me: When do you need it ?
Kim: Sooner rather than later.
Me: UGH!! Specifically, when????
Kim: Within 24 hours of receiving your TA!
Me: Ok- I'll have it to you 10 minutes before our 24 hour time expires!

No comments:
Post a Comment