Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The beginning of Day 2

Shawna had a decent night. And by decent, I mean that she responded within normal parameters. But, I can also tell you that our fabulous nurse never got more than 2 minutes to sit down. Shawna's night consisted of a balancing act of meds... Increase drug x so she'll calm down ... Then her BP would drop so they'd add/adjust something else...then she'd be agitated again but wasn't due for more drug x, so they'd give her drug y, etc.

She's been running a decent fever all night (that FINALLY broke), but in the process of treating it, they had to pack her in ice... Then her extremities got too cold but her fever was still too high. At one point, they had ice packs in her armpits, head, and groin ... And warmers on her hands and feet. Sigh. Poor little thing. Like I said, its been a interesting balance act to keep her sedated AND keep her pressures up.

Overall, it was a decent night. Shawna got a good,solid 4 hours of deep sleep. I got about the same. I've been up for about an hour... Showered, changed, and finished my first cup of joe! Rounds are at 8 so I will know more then.
Lori
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

  1. Praying for a RESTFUL day and improvements for Shawna.

    {HUG}

    ReplyDelete