Shawna is certainly improving at record-setting speed... But we aren't going home today. Probably tomorrow. She still has some fluid in the lungs. The goal is to avoid respiratory distress, so this is the best place for us to be right now.
In other good news, she screamed bloody murder when I left the room this morning...and continued to cry until I returned. (Side note: where did I go? Well, the non-patient bathrooms are so far away, they might as well have their own zip codes. Seriously! Who thought of THAT in the design? Yes, of course there is a bathroom in our 4 bed pod. But it's reserved for the patient use only. Hmmm... I haven't seen any patients use the patient-only bathroom... Our pod-mates are 7 weeks, 4 months, and 5 months old. I'm pretty sure they all still use diapers!!) Why is that screaming good news? Well, it means that she is finally alert enough to recognize her surroundings AND have an opinion about it. The past few days, she's just been too tired to care.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment