Saturday, October 17, 2009

The irony

In my last post, I talked about (ok- I complained about) the lack of conveniently-located guest bathrooms on the pediatric floors. We are at a pretty large, world renowed medical facility with lots of bells and whistles. Its just weird.

But now, something else has my attention. Audio art. Yep- you read that correctly. Audio art. On the main floor of the hospital, you can take an audio tour of the displayed artwork. Rent a headset, oooh and ahhh at the pretty pictures, and it is just like being at an art museum. Really? Yep. Really. Let's see... I need a passport to get to the closest bathroom, but I can become educated in the fine arts without leaving the building. Weird.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

  1. Okay...that IS a little strange.

    What's the punishment if you use the patient bathrooms? I mean, is Shawna screams if you leave the room then isn't it in her best interest for continued health to have you use their bathrooms? What's the worst they can do? Okay...yeah...that doesn't work. They could throw you out and not let you back...okay, ask a nurse IF you possibly could...in the name of helping Shawna not get so upset.

    Knowing my luck though, the nurse would say, "OH we want her to scream, it exercises the lungs and helps prevent pneumonia from settling in."

    ReplyDelete