Monday, August 24, 2009

How old are these kids??

The kids always seem to surprise me.... I'm surprised by their rapid growth. I'm surprised by what they do. And, I'm most often surprised by the darn things they say. Here's an example from Sunday:

Sara: "Mummy- I wike a camera and a ipod for my bwah-day. I be free years old!"

Me: "No way! Are you kiddin' me? How 'bout a new Dora doll?"

Sara: "No. Wanna camera and ipod."


Now, I know that all the grandparents read the blog. So, allow me to add just a few comments... she's three. She ain't getting a camera or an ipod. Dora doll? Yes. Breakable, expensive electronics? Uh-no.

Fast forward to today. Seth is counting the money in his wallet, which now includes an extra $1 for the tooth that he lost at the beach.

Seth: "Ma- I got TEN dollars in my wallet! TEN WHOLE DOLLARS! Woo Hoo!"

Me: "Wow Seth- that's a lot of money for a 1st grader"

Seth: "Ya well... I think I need a credit card, you know, to put in my wallet with my ten dollars."

WHAT!!???

2 comments:

  1. LOL, Sounds like my kids, my 8 year old finnally broke down and bought his own mp3 player the other week, can't believe he had the $!!!! They grow up fast (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly priceless comments. Gotta love the age we live in huh?!? - Not. They do grow up too fast. Now just think of all the fun things they will teach their new sister :0) Ipods, cameras and credit cards.

    Ruth
    Proud Xiushan Mom to Abigail

    ReplyDelete