Ladybugs-n-Love is actually a China-based business run by a woman named Angela. She in the business of helping adoptive parents acquire information and send care packages to their waiting children in the Chinese orphanages.
It's a brilliant business model really. She kinda serves as our liaison to our child before we arrive. She will call the orphanage. She will send care packages. And, she will translate letters. And, I can purchase all of this with a mere click of the mouse. I don't have to shop, ship, or worry about import taxes. Angela takes care of everything. The trick? She has an American based co-founder who manages the US website. I pay for my care package via PayPal (another great perk in my book). Then, the funds get transferred to Angela who shops and ships everything within China (hence - no outrageous shipping or import taxes, etc). Again - a brilliant idea!!
In the three months that we've been waiting for our daughter, I've used this service three times. Well, technically.. I used Ann of Red Thread of China for the first two packages. But, same thing. ANYWAY- Angela offered a unique service: a phone call to the orphanage with 10 questions. We got the answers today!! Here's the email from Angela:
Hi Lori,
I have received update for you today. The orphanage is going to send me pictures in a few days. Here is the info I got:
What do they call her?
You You.
Does she have a special toy or blanket?
No. You You likes some colorful toys that can make sound.
How does she like to be comforted?
Hold her, pat her back gently and take her out for a walk.
What makes her happy/ what does she like to do? Special friends?
Play hide and seek (peekaboo) with her.
Her friends are Hua Jian, Hua Ying, etc.
What is her personality like?
She is introverted.
Are there things that she does not like or that scare her?
You You is afraid strangers talk to her loudly.
(UH OH- wait 'til she meets Sara. A very LOUD stranger. Hopefully, her petite size will offset her very loud mannerisms!!)
What words is she saying?
She can say some simple sounds.
Is she still with a foster family? If yes, how long has she been with them? If no, how long was she there?
No.
Her updated measurements:
Height: 74cm; Weight: 8.8kg; Head: 44cm; Chest: 46cm; Teeth: 8; Foot: 11cm.
Anything else would like to tell her family?
She can walk a few step alone now.
I will get back to you as soon as I receive pictures!
Have a great day!!!
Angela
Monday, August 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That is awesome! We've been using Ann at RT, but mabie will do this aswell, I love that you can ask specific questions. I just discovered this Company http://www.china-babies-dev.com/, they will do indepth research into the child's history, so invaluable for the LifeBook and future discussions. I want my daughter to know I did EVERYTHING I could to get her all her information I could. Thanks for you tip, there are more and more options out there for us as Adoptive Parents!
ReplyDeleteCheers!